Estimated Date of Dispatch: - Within 2-4 working days from the date of receiving the order. PAN India Delivery.
About Green Apron's Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Made from different varieties of tomatoes including heirloom varieties.
- The tomatoes are locally grown using sustainable methods.
- Sun-dried tomatoes have a rich, savory, and slightly sweet flavor that is often described as "umami."
- We get 1 kg sundried tomatoes from 10 kg fresh tomatoes.
- Our sun-dried tomatoes are carefully selected and then halved before drying. They are then salted to dry out the moisture with Himalayan rock salt. They are then slow-dried in the sun for over 7-10 days.
- Sun-dried tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, such as lycopene, which can help to protect our body cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Sun-dried tomatoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C, K, and A, as well as iron and potassium.
- Sun-dried tomatoes are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great option for those trying to maintain a healthy weight.
- Their unique flavor, texture, and appearance make them a favorite among home cooks and professional chefs alike.
Ingredients: Sun-dried Tomatoes made from tomatoes grown locally using sustainable methods and Himalayan Rock Salt.
No added preservatives or colors. 100 % Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-free.
Suggested Use: Sun-dried tomatoes can be used as is or used after rehydration.
Here are the steps to rehydrate sun-dried tomatoes:
- Choose the right container: Use a bowl or a jar with a lid that is large enough to hold the sun-dried tomatoes and enough liquid to cover them.
- Prepare the liquid: For a basic rehydration, use warm water or warm vegetable broth. You can also use warm olive oil or another type of cooking oil to add extra flavor.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes: Place the sun-dried tomatoes in the container and pour enough liquid to cover them completely.
- Let the tomatoes soak: Let the tomatoes soak in the liquid for at least 30 minutes, or until they have softened and plumped up. You can also leave them to soak overnight for a more intense flavor.
- Drain the liquid: Once the sun-dried tomatoes are rehydrated, drain the liquid and use the tomatoes as desired.
Sun-dried tomatoes can be used in a variety of dishes, such as pasta sauces, soups, stews, pizzas, salads, chutneys, dips and sandwiches. They add a sweet, tangy flavor and a chewy texture to any dish, making them a delicious and versatile ingredient in the kitchen.
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool and dry place. Please keep it airtight.
Health Benefits:- Here are some of the health benefits of sun-dried tomatoes:
- High in antioxidants: Sun-dried tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, such as lycopene, which can help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- Low in calories: Sun-dried tomatoes are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great option for those trying to maintain a healthy weight.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Sun-dried tomatoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C, K, and A, as well as iron and potassium.
- Good for heart health: The high levels of antioxidants in sun-dried tomatoes have been linked to lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol, which can help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- May lower risk of certain types of cancer: The high levels of lycopene in sun-dried tomatoes have been linked to a lower risk of certain types of cancer, including prostate and breast cancer.