Dried Mushroom Medley- Farmer's Pick
Conversion from Fresh to Dry:
Suggested method for Rehydration:
Here's one method:
-Place the desired amount of dried mushrooms in a bowl or container. Keep in mind that the mushroom increases approximately 5 times its weight after rehydration.
-Add enough hot water to cover the mushrooms completely. Use hot water but not boiling, as boiling water can toughen the mushrooms.
-Let the mushrooms soak for at least 45-60 minutes or until they are fully hydrated and tender.
-Drain the mushrooms and squeeze out any excess water.
The rehydrated mushrooms can now be used in any recipe that calls for fresh mushrooms.
Alternatively, you can also rehydrate dried mushrooms by soaking them in cold water overnight in the fridge. This method takes longer, but it's convenient if you want to have the mushrooms ready to use in the morning.
Remember to save the mushroom soaking liquid, as it can add a lot of flavor to your recipes. You can use it as a stock or add it to soups, stews, and sauces.
Assorted dried mushrooms can be used in a variety of ways to add depth of flavor and texture to dishes. Some of the uses are as follows:-
- The mushrooms can be used in soups, stews, risottos, or sauces.
- Make a mushroom stock by simmering the rehydrated mushrooms with onions, carrots, celery, and herbs. Use the mushroom stock as a base for soups, stews, and sauces to add a rich umami flavor.
- As a filling for savory pastries, pies, or other baked goods.
- Can be added to cooked rice or quinoa to make a flavorful side dish.
- Can be added to burger patties, cutlets to enhance the flavor and texture.
- Can be used to make a seasoning blend by grinding them into a powder and mixing them with other herbs and spices.
Ingredients: The Mushroom Mix is made using chemical-free mushrooms grown by Green Apron. Made by farmers, in small batches. Five types of mushrooms are picked and packed, the range of mushrooms being- Eryngii, Elm Oyster, Shimeji, Pioppino, Cloud Ear, Baby Bella, Portobello, Lions Mane, Shiitake, Golden Enoki, White Oyster and Milky Mushrooms.
100 % Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten-free.
Storage Instructions: Store in a cool and dry place. Please keep it airtight. Do not introduce a wet spoon into the jar.
Best Before: 12 months from date of manufacture.
Made in India by Green Apron, Bengaluru.
Green Apron, No:1,Ground floor, 3rd main, Krishna Temple Road, Dodda Bommasandra, Vidyaranyapura Post, Bengaluru-560097, Karnataka,India
Net Weight: 40 gms MRP: Rs.250